Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bruffins - Breakfast Muffins

Hey y'all... So I'm still typing up recipes for which I have photo's (ie recipes that I didn't exactly make recently... *looks guilty*) BUT I prototyped a recipe for fish pancakes the other night - to use up some of that frozen fish... And it worked out pretty Okay. So, I'm a gonna make 'em again to make sure it wasn't a fluke, then I'll post the recipe!

Between now and then - here's another recipe Modified By Kat:

Bruffins!



 Yeah, sorry for the world's brurriest photo...

These are blueberry, banana, peach muffins. I cooked 'em for breakfast 'cause I'm not a big fan of eating in the morning... However, it is real good for you! I've since discovered - through experimentation that protein keeps me going better than carbs... but for those of you who just need to eat SOMETHING these'll work out fine! Now, these are modified - the original recipe is here to give credit where credit is due! :)

Recipe after the jump...

Here goes:

Dry:
1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
1 1/2 cups wheat bran
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup brown sugar

Fruit
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 small bananas, mashed
1 can well drained peaches in juice, chopped (these puppies will make the muffins MOIST... so get as much liquid out as you can!)

Wet
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup peach juice
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Set oven to 190 degrees C... Grease/paper - suit yourself... either 12 muffin sized pans, or I use 6 Texas pans...

Sift (the bran won't sift, so just give it a good mix!) and stir all dry ingredients in a LARGE bowl...

In a separate bowl, mix the fruit...

And in a further bowl combine the wet ingredients until well mixed. Add fruit.

Fold wet/fruit into your dry ingredients... Folding until barely combined. Over mixing leads to heavy, cracked muffins.

Fill your muffin pans right to the top (these are gonna be your breakfast after all!!) and bung in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked... This may take some experimenting and the fruit makes for uber moist muffins!

Cool, wrap in cling film and you're good to go for a week! :) They freeze well too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat, I am really sorry for not posting this earlier, I was in a mess, I made these lovely muffins, and enjoyed it too.., thanks for this lovely healthy recipe.., you can check my blog...

    ReplyDelete